The Math and Dyscalculia Screening Test
The online Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test is a service to those who want to know if they could have a Math Learning Disability or Dyscalculia. The online Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test is suitable for students ranging from pre-K to 8th grade.
For full evaluation and complete recommendations about accommodation at school and a thorough gap analysis of the Math knowledge of the student we would have to do one of the assessments as offered at our main website and always done in person. Click here for more.
Once you have done the Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test you will receive a report by email. A Sample Report is available for you to see what you can expect but generally the report will be between 4 and 6 pages long. It provides an outline of the Math level in school grades of the student. Also it will provide details of how well the student can handle particular skills and has comments on both speed and accuracy of the work.
The complete online Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test has 15 parts, but no one will complete all 15 parts. Depending on your age and grade you will complete a maximum of 14 or a minimum of 8 parts of the online Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test. As the system is dynamic, there is no indication of how many parts you have completed and how many you still need to do.
- The online Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test needs to be taken on a regular computer or laptop, it is not suitable for tablets or smartphones.
- Best results are with a chrome browser, the safari browser is known to have issues and should not be used.
- Internet access of reasonable speed is required.
- The online Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test is suitable for students ranging from pre-K to 9th grade. Adults need to also enter 9th grade and the system will automatically adjust.
- The online Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test may take up to one hour and cannot be interrupted. You cannot pause or save results during the test so the student needs to be ready for an hour of work. Also it is not possible to go back and change responses.
- If you can not answer the question, just put 1 as an answer to allow the system to move forward. When the question asks for a left or right button or has radio buttons, just use the left one and move to the next problem or module. This way you won’t get bogged down in questions you do not know yet.
- Do not use the back button on your browser as this will invalidate the test and distort results or cause the test to be aborted.
- A quiet environment is advisable for the best results. Help from other students or parents will distort the results and make the outcomes unreliable.
- Answering the questions may have certain format requirements and at the start of the online Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test you will see a screen with instructions. Make sure you read those very well or click the little help icon to see a popup of the instructions during the online Math and Dyscalculia Screener Test.
- Although it is certainly not a race, speed of answering is continuously monitored and may be a factor in the results. You need to work diligently and un-distracted for the best results.
- The use of paper to work out problems is allowed and encouraged. For the best results use graphic paper so you can organize your numbers easily. The use of calculators is discouraged as we need to try and find the real level of understanding of the various math topics.
Pricing and Payment
The online Math and Dyscalculia Screening Test is priced to be accessible for most. A single online Math and Dyscalculia Screening Test costs $27.50. Group pricing for groups of over 10 participants is available, please email us for more information and details.